Sunday, May 14, 2006

MAD ABOUT CARS (Straits Times 13 May pgS2)

Singapore is no longer the most expensive place in the world to buy a car. However i believe it is just a ploy for the government to earn more money. With more people driving cars, more road tax can be earned. Thus I firmly believe that maintaining cars are still expensive.

I have always thought the government was trying to curb the number of cars present in Singapore to avoid further jams and to protect the environment.Right now I am not too sure perhaps right now the government is focusing on improving people's effiency and standard of living.

Therefore I am not too concerned about COE but the maintainence costs. As for the enviroment, I'm am sure the government would find a cleaner fuel- natural gas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home